2 hrs 25 mins
From a local extension cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water & milk.
- 2Add sugar & salt.
- 3Add potatoes, shortening, eggs, baking powder & some of the flour; mix well.
- 4Add additional flour until soft dough is achieved.
- 5Turn onto a floured surface & knead until dough is smooth & elastic.
- 6Place in a greased bowl & turn once to grease both sides.
- 7Let rise till double.
- 8Punch down & turn onto floured surface.
- 9Roll out to 3/4" thickness & cut with doughnut cutter.
- 10Let rise until double.
- 11Fry in deep, hot oil, heated to 375.
- 12Turn once until both sides are golden brown.
- 13Remove with slotted spoon & drain on paper towel.
- 14Glaze while warm.
- 15Cooking time includes rising of the dough.
Nutritional Facts for Spudnuts
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g