Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Crusty, yummy bread. Got the recipe from Food Nation on the food network. We love this bread!
Make and share this Spudini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop garlic in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients, except for bread and mozzarella.
- Process in short bursts, until spread is rough and lumpy.
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch slices, not all the way through, leave bottom crust connected.
- Spread each side of each slice with the butter spread.
- Place a piece of mozzarella between the slices.
- Brush top and sides of the loaf with butter spread.
- Wrap the loaf in foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted throughout.
- Open foil and return to oven for 5 minutes.
After searching high and low for capers (I was determined to try this recipe!) I finally made this bread. It is very easy to put the spread ingredients together. I bought a loaf of Italian bread but next time I will make my own. This bread is so delicious it will knock your socks off! It could easily be a side dish for soups or spaghetti/pasta dishes or even an appetizer. Mickie, thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe!