- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons dry basil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 1 package sliced mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop garlic in a food processor. Add all other ingredients excluding bread and cheese. Slice bread in 3/4-inch slices, not all the way through, leave bottom crust connected.
- Spread each side with butter spread. Place a piece of mozzarella between each slice. Brush top and side of bread with butter spread. Wrap in foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted throughout. Open foil, and brown under broiler.