Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very nice potato waffle I made up for the potato loving people.
- 1⁄2 cup leftover mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the sour cream, butter, egg yolks, and baking powder.
- Slowly whisk in the cream in 2 parts, alternating with the 2 parts flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into the waffle batter.
- Heat a lightly greased waffle iron.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into the iron; bake until the waffle is crisp.