Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
So different from the routine--one of my best innovations!
- 2 cups mixed sprouts
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh hot dog buns (warmed up in the microwave) or fresh bread (warmed up in the microwave)
- Take a non stick pan and melt butter.
- Add pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add sprouts& onions and sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire, cool a little and mix mayonnaise.
- Stuff the breads or buns generously with the mixture and savour!
I was kind of "leary" about this recipe. I tried it this afternoon for lunch and it was great! My little boy even ate one...so this seems to be kid friendly too! I used a low fat butter instead and it was still great
Wierd and wonderful! I just had this sandwich for breakfast and it was great. What a pleasant surprise. The flavor is very intense with all the onion and pepper. My mouth is definitely awake now! I believe the sandwich filling requires a substantial, dense bread; whole wheat, pumpernickel, rye or something similar. This is going to be a regular on my breakfast menu.