Recipe by Bergy
The garlic and lemon makes this one tasty dish. You may substitute broccoli for the sprouts
Top Review by Kathy(
I loved everything about this dish! This was my first time making brussels sprouts at home, and I certainly picked the right recipe. The lemon zest and slices were just the right touch to make this recipe special. I left in the garlic and lemon slices -- saw no need to remove them, and that was the right choice. Next time, I will add a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
- 3⁄4 lb small Brussels sprout, cleaned & halved, steamed until tender crisp
- 3⁄4 lb cauliflower floret, bite size, steamed until tender crisp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & quartered
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded & diced 1/4 inch dice
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced in 6 pieces
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet add garlic and toss until it browns. You may now discard or leave in the garlic.
- Add onion to garlic oil, toss until the onion is almost golden.
- Add red pepper and toss for 2 minutes more.
- Add steamed Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, toss gently.
- Add lemon peel & lemon slices. Cook until heated through. Remove lemon slices (or leave in). Serve immediately.