Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve these veggie burgers with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes and sprouts, and they could pass for the real thing
- 1 cup chickpea sprouts
- 1 cup wheat berry sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cooked cubed potato, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground rosemary
- soy sauce or tamari
- 1 -2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place the chick-peas, wheat berries, carrots, potatoes, onions, salt substitute, basil, thyme, pepper and rosemary in a food processor.
- Add the soy sauce or tamari to taste Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in enough bread crumbs to make a mixture that holds together.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Fry in the oil on a non stick griddle over medium heat.
This turned out really good! I am new to sprouting and was really excited to come across this recipe as I don't have many recipes to cook sprouts, only to use them raw. It was easy to make and tasted great. Served it up burger style with the works. Thanks for this great recipe, I will make it again for sure.