Many people have sensitivities to legumes. Even if you are among them, you can still enjoy this yummy dip! For this recipe, you have to start a few days ahead and sprout your seeds. This is not much work at all, just a little planning. From adventures in gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raw organic sunflower seeds (or more)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small garlic clove (optional)
- 1 -2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 pinch cayenne
- sea salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (maybe a tablespoon)
- nutritional yeast, minced fresh garlic, cumin, roasted red peppers, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, scallions, whatever
- more olive oil and paprika
- 1Soak a cup or more of organic, raw sunflower seeds overnight. Drain, and rinse until the water runs clear. Drain well and leave undisturbed, covered loosely. I use a quart mason jar, covered with a coffee filter.
- 2In another 8 - 12 hours, rinse and drain. Repeat. When you have the beginnings of little tails, transfer to the fridge to slow down growth. Now they're ready to use!
- 3Take a cup or two of sprouts and add to food processor. Add a couple spoonfuls of tahini - raw or lightly roasted is fine. If you like garlic, add a small clove, minced. Add a splash or two of lemon juice and some lemon zest, a glug of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and some cayenne. Process until smooth.
- 4Add a couple spoonfuls of nutritional yeast if you like nooch, and blend inches Season to taste.
- 5Add anything else you like - it's good with cumin, more cayenne, paprika, some roasted red peppers, more lemon, cilantro, whatever you like!
- 6Serve garnished with olive oil and paprika.
- 7Great over spinach salad, or with carrots and celery to dip.
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sprouted Sunflower Seed Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.8
- Calories from Fat 780
- Total Fat 86.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 35.1 g