Prep 20 mins
Cook 48 hrs
A great raw recipe, getting your fruits and grains! This would be good with sprouted barley or wheat berries too! I haven't made this yet, so putting here for safekeeping. I'm guessing it makes 2 servings. Cooking time is sprouting time. Adapted from Living and Raw Foods, sent in from Loving Foods, Hawaii.
- 2 cups raw whole oats (Groats-sproutable-can get at health food store-untreated)
- 1 large sweet apple, chopped
- 5 dates
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup date soak water
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Soak Oat Groats for about 10 hours.
- Drain and rinse and then place jar mouth down at a 45 degree angle.
- Rinse and drain daily for two days.
- Soak Pitted Dates in water to cover for 1 hour.
- Place Soaked Dates, Sprouted Oats, Vanilla, Cinamon, Maple, Allspice, and Chopped Apple all in a food processor and blend.
- Place in a bowl and add Raisins, stirring by hand.
- Place in Bowls and garnish with Cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!