Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the show The Best of Food Trends, this recipe is courtesy of Sophia Wakefield, Harvest Bakery and Cafe, Jackson Hole, WY. A delish way to eat mung beans! And healthy too!
- 10 cups sprouted mung beans (try to use organic)
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon muchi curry (or any curry paste or sauce)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
This is simplicity and deliciousness. I omitted cilantro (although I love that stuff) due to none on hand. Also, left out the garlic for husband's sake. Used an Indian curry powder - no paste. Went easy on the lemon juice. Love it!!! Yum!! Thanks for a great way to use up all our mung beans!!!
I have always struggled to find a good use for the sprouted beans/seeds we get from our organic box scheme. They usually ended up on the compost heap. With this recipe, the variety oftastes add to the beans' texture. It certainly made them more interesting ! The idea of putting them on a few lettuces leaves is a very good one !
i downsized this recipe for 2 people, basically i quartered it and used dashes of seasoning and juice from half a lemon, also used my home gown thai basil instead of cilantro. it was very refreshing in this summer heat, i served it over boston lettuce leaves.