24 hrs 20 mins
From this week's Thursday magazine - this was submitted by Suganthi Kannan. I made it for dinner tonight and enjoyed a little with rice! LOVELY!! The preparation time includes the time of soaking the green gram.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the green gram for 6-8 hours (overnight).
- 2The next day, when yu are to prepare it, heat oil in a skillet.
- 3Add methi seeds and red chillies.
- 4Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add the coconut and turmeric powder.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Grind in a mixer/grinder, adding water as required to get a smooth paste.
- 8Cook the sprouted green gram with 3/4 cup of water and 3/4 tsp.
- 10Keep aside.
- 11In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsps.
- 12oil and heat on medium flame.
- 13When hot, add the onion and fry till golden brown.
- 14Add the tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
- 15Add 3/4 tsp.
- 16salt or to taste.
- 17Add the ground coconut masala.
- 18Fry for 2 minutes.
- 19Add the cooked sprouted green gram.
- 20Mix well.
- 21Cook for 5 minutes.
- 22Garnish with fresh corriander leaves (chopped).
- 23Serve hot with rotis or puri or rice.
- 24I really love this dish, I hope so will you.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sprouted Green Gram Vegetable I Love
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 884.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: