Recipe by Trish in SC
A "What I have on hand and need to use up right now" recipe. Substitute stock of choice for water and bouillon cubes. Yield, cook time and servings are estimates.
- 10 -20 Brussels sprouts (ends sliced off and quartered)
- 2 carrots (sliced or diced)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 -12 cups water
- 4 bouillon cubes (I used Not Beef)
- 2 tablespoons oil (for sauteing the onion)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 cups of the 8-12 cups of water and dissolve the bouillon cubes in it. Set aside.
- Saute onion in oil in large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the water and bouillon water.
- Bring to boiling, then cover and reduce to simmer for 1-2 hours until sprouts and carrots are tender, as you prefer.
- Adjust seasonings.