Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter, No Margarine
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almonds or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, Unbleached, Unsifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and extract.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually add flour mixture to eggs.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Press 1/4 of the dough into a cookie press.
- Keep remaining dough chilled.
- Shape cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 degrees F. oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire racks and store in airtight tins.
I really like the texture and the almond flavor of these cookies. Nice addition to my Christmas cookie plate.