1/2 Photos of Spritz Stix (Pepperkakor, Coffee, Swedish Spice, Orange Pecan...
Look and taste just like spritz cookies, but you don't need a cookie press. There are a lot of different flavors listed here, so the first part of the ingrediant list is to make the regular flavored ones and anything that is marked optional is what you add to make the other flavors. Listing it this way seemed easier than listing it over and over to get in all the different flavors, so I hope it makes sense listed all together like this. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar or 3/4 cup brown sugar, for butterscotch flavor
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (2 1/3 cups at high altitude)
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted (optional)
Orange Pecan Spritz
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans, very finely chopped (optional)
Swedish Spice Spritz
- 1Cream together all ingredients except flour.
- 2Blend in flour.
- 3Divide dough in half.
- 4Spread each half with floured fingers or spatula to a 12x10" rectangle on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Run floured fork tines over top to make"spritz" marks.
- 6Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until delicately browned.
- 7Cut immediately into 3x1" sticks.
- 8Remove from cookie sheet.
- 9Chocolate Spritz:.
- 10Increase sugar to 1 cup total and add 2 oz.
- 11unsweetened chocolate in the first step.
- 12Don't overbake.
- 13Butterscotch Spritz:.
- 14Substitute brown sugar for white (only change).
- 15Orange Pecan Spritz:.
- 16Add 2 tbsp orange peel and 1/2 cup pecans when you add the flour.
- 17Swedish Spice Spritz:.
- 18Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cardamom in the first step.
- 19Coffee Spritz:.
- 20Add 1 tbsp instant coffee and 1/4 cup pecans, if desired, with the sugar.
- 21Pepperkakor Spritz:.
- 22Omit the egg, and add 1/4 cup light molasses, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cloves and 1/2 tsp ginger with the sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spritz Stix (Pepperkakor, Coffee, Swedish Spice, Orange Pecan...
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 31.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g