Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From All Recipes.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream the shortening. Gradually add the sugar and the orange juice. Cream well.
- Beat in the egg and the orange rind.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture a little at a time.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes.