Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These are wonderful and a great addition to your cookie tray.
Top Review by kfagan
Great Spritz cookie recipe. Yummy buttery goodness! My only problem was that the dough was very crumbly. I blame the dry Colorado climate (despite all the recent snow). I think flour tends to get extremely dry here. I added a couple of tablespoons of milk, and mixed thoroughly into the dough. Perfect! Buzzed dozens of cookies out of my electric cookie press in no time. Another idea is to add Almond extract and decorate with cinnamon imperials-my favorite! Thanks Lvs2Cook! You rock!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients except flour in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed. If dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate, 30 to 45 minutes.).
- Place dough into cookie press fitted with template. Form desired shapes 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Chocolate Chip Spritz: Add 1/4 cup coarsely grated semi-sweet chocolate to ingredients and proceed as directed above.
- Eggnog-Glazed Spritz: Add 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg to ingredients and proceed as directed above. Glaze: Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, 2 tablespoons water and 1/4 teaspoon rum extract in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
- Spice Spritz: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves to ingredients and proceed as directed above. Glaze: Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
- Mint Kisses: Add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract to ingredients and proceed as directed above. Immediately after removing cookies from oven, place 1 chocolate candy kiss on each cookie.