Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
Originally from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine
Top Review by BecR
Tasty light cookies that will be a nice addition to our Xmas cookie tray. What I especially like about these is that they have both vanilla and almond essence in them---yum! I followed the instructions precisely, except for adding 2 tablespoons milk to the butter mixture. Also, I baked them for 10-12 minutes at 375 d F. Tip: be sure to use a cool cookie sheet or cookies will spread. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds; add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating till well combined.
- Do not chill.
- Force dough through a cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars or with ground almonds dyed red or green with food coloring.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.