Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old family recipe for a tasty (and rich) treat. We typically make these once a year--during the winter holidays. These will burn easily, so please watch them carefully when baking! They are also brittle when cooled, so they aren't always the best for travel.
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb oleo
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream: butter/oleo and sugar.
- Add: egg, baking powder, almond extract, and unsifted flour.
- Put through cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes.