1/1 Photo of Spritz Cookies
This is another traditional Christmas recipe in my family. We usually use a cookie press and add red and green food coloring to the dough to make the cookies really festive! The serving size is an estimate, and applies to cookies made in a press. You'll get less if you roll them into balls.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening; add sugar gradually.
- 2Divide egg yolks and add enough water to make 1/4 cup.
- 3Beat well; add to creamed mixture.
- 4Add vanilla and beat mixture well.
- 5Add flour and salt and mix well.
- 6Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet or force through cookie press.
- 7Bake in 375 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Cookies may be sprinkled with colored sugar before baking, or iced and decorated after cooling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spritz Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.9
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 79.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g