Prep 12 mins
Cook 26 mins
This by far the best spritz cookie recipe I've found. The cookies turn out light and buttery with a hint of almond flavor. The dough is easy to handle. I double the batch - they don't last long! I also split the batch and add green food coloring for some of them.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions!)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 pinch salt
- food coloring, if desired
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and flavorings.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Mix in food coloring with your hands at this point if so desired.
- Let chill in refridgerator until the dough is easy to handle.
- Load into cookie press and press cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes or until edges barely start to brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing or the cookies will break.
the dough was easy to work with ,but I found that even if I let the cookies cool long enough it was hard to get them off the cookie sheet. they stuck and they tended to crack easially. I don't know whether it is because I didn't use the cookie press.. I just used cutouts... they tasted really good...