Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
My favorite cookie to make at Christmas. Love the butter and almond flavor.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- colored decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar.
- Blend in egg and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Press dough through cookie press onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored decorating sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
This is a good recipe. I like to use 1 tsp of almond extract and also add 1 tsp of vanilla. it gives the cookies a great flavor.
This is an excellent recipe. They have such a great almond flavor. The only thing different that I did was to use a few drops of food coloring instead of the sugar. This one is definately going into my cookbook of favorite cookies.
Spritz are a tradition for my family and over the years we have tried various recipes. I have modify my recipe based on our favorite three. Instead of one egg, I use 3 egg yolks. And I use 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar. Bake at 375Â° for 5 minutes on parchment and let cool on the sheet. They turn out melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!!