Recipe by pammyowl
This is, by far the best recipe for spritz ever! My Mother found it in the newspaper thirty years ago. It won a Christmas cookie award as the best cookie in the contest, and believe me it earned it!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent recipe, beautiful cookies! I made them gluten free, using a mix of very fine yellow corn flour, white rice flour, potato starch and cornstarch with some xanthan added. As there is no good almond extract available here, I used amaretto liquor. Piping them after 30 minutes of chilling time worked like a charme - and they turned out as real melt in your mouths! Thanks for sharing :)
- 453.59 g butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 59.14 ml finely ground blanched almond
- 946.36 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolk, almonds and extracts, beat again, until well blended. I like to beat for a few minutes at this point, . Blend the flour in gently a cup at a time, until the flour is completely incorporated. Be careful not to over mix, as this will toughen the cookies.
- Cool the dough slightly, if it is too warm, but don't chill for long, as the cookie dough will not cooperate with the press if it is too cold!
- Preheat oven to 375, press out the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I decorate with colored sugar or candied cherries which I cut into fourths.
- Bake for 7-9 mn. taking care not to brown them.