Recipe by Dave Nelson
Swedish Sprtiz cookies, served at christmas time. This recipe has been handed down through my family and is made every Christmas. I can remember my Grandmother making these when I was a boy, as I waited for the beaters.
Top Review by Dawn
I loved these cookies. I made them yesterday and they are already gone. My kids had fun making them with the cookie press. One thing I learned though, if you're using decorative sprinkles put them on after the cookies come out of the oven or they will burn.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (depending on your taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted twice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and after butter has softened mix in egg yolk.
- Add almond extract and beat until creamy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Place dough into cookie press and use the small star shaped cutout.
- Press dough and form into rings, aprox. the size or a quarter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400) 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool before putting away.