Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Swedish Sprtiz cookies, served at christmas time. This recipe has been handed down through my family and is made every Christmas. I can remember my Grandmother making these when I was a boy, as I waited for the beaters.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and after butter has softened mix in egg yolk.
- Add almond extract and beat until creamy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Place dough into cookie press and use the small star shaped cutout.
- Press dough and form into rings, aprox. the size or a quarter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400) 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool before putting away.
I loved these cookies. I made them yesterday and they are already gone. My kids had fun making them with the cookie press. One thing I learned though, if you're using decorative sprinkles put them on after the cookies come out of the oven or they will burn.
These are so good and easy to work with. I split it in 3 parts and added red and green food color for variety. So yummy they melt in your mouth!
These are the best things I've ever tasted. I am Swedish and I always cook them around Christmas time. I had originally had a different recipe (I'm pretty sure it was the same type of cookie) but this one was so much better. I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!!!!!