Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Poundcake recipe for cupcakes. Found in a magazine that came in the mail. Looked simple and they taste great!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup Sprite (room temperature)
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat. Add flour and stir. Combine Sprite and lemon extract and mix with batter until smooth. Spoon batter into muffin pan with cupcakes liners.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.
- Note: If you fill the liners more than halfway, your cupcakes may overflow.
- These cupcakes are so tasty, they don't need frosting. But if you love the sugary touch, maybe esomething with cream cheese.