Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good friend gave me this recipe when we lived in Memphis, TN. It's easy but really gives BBQ sauce a unique flavor.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Sprite (diet or regular)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb mushroom (optional)
- 1 onion, cut into rings (optional)
- Mix the BBQ sauce and sprite together (only use half a can of sprite if you like a real thick sauce).
- Pour the sauce over the chicken/veggies in the pan.
- Cover with a lid.
- Simmer the chicken breasts, mushrooms, and onion in the sauce for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Serve over or with rice; basmati rice is excellent with this dish.