Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
from Tom Stokey's recpe from Noodles in St Helena in the Napa Valley by way of Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 quarts mineral water
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded fine chopped
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta (optional)
- 1 scallion, see note
- Use the green and white part of the scallion and mince.
- Heat the first 5 and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the next four. Simmer 30 more minutes.
- If desired cook pasta in stock before serving.
- Add salt, pepper and garnish with scallions.