Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home March 2005
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh spinach, 1 bag, torn
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place asparagus in a foil lined 1.5 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan; sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, walnuts, asparagus. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and salt; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Wonderful salad - we loved everything about it - even though I forgot to get the asparagus at the store, and several other things I needed....the two kids with me rolling around in their Heelys and another trying to put everything I didn't need in my cart could have had something to do with it.....but I digress....! I know the asparagus (I love roasted aparagus!) would have only sent it over the top and I will make it again soon with it included! My family couldn't get enough of this salad - like SweetsLady, I could also see putting grilled chicken on it, but it is just great as-is!
Wonderful and yummy salad! I love the roasted asparagus along with the fresh spinach and strawberries with the sweet with a little tang dressing. I omitted the nuts per family preference. I could even see putting some grilled chicken on it, too. Thanks, Color Guard Mom!