Recipe by kHm
A wonderful creamy soup with asparagus and other vegtables. Don't let the name fool you. You can make it all year long!
- 1 cup scallions or 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 5 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer, I have also used half and half
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus, thawed and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pan saute' scallions in margarine. Add chicken broth and non-dairy creamer, beating with wire whisk to blend. Add potatoes, carrots, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 more minutes, until rice is tender. Add aspargus and spinach. Simmer at least 45 minutes longer.