1/5 Photos of Springtime Shrimp With Lemon, Thyme & Bow -Tie Pasta Toss
Leopard Apron's Note:
Lots of flavor, a little bit of time, this comes together quickly...light and tasty - and pretty, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided 1 tbsp each
- 4 tender spring green onions, white part chopped, thinly slice green part and reserve
- 1 medium broccoli, crown cut into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup good dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 12 ounces frozen baby peas
- 1 lb large peeled & deveined cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta; cook bowtie until al dente. Toss with a bit of olive oil and keep warm.
- 2Heat large skillet over medium heat, adding 1 tbsp olive oil, then butter. Add green onion (save a bit of the green part for later), lemon zest, broccoli,white wine and red pepper flakes. Season lightly with salt & pepper, toss together. Cover skillet and cook a few minutes and broccoli is bright green. Add peas, cook a few minutes, keeping their bright color. Add shrimp and toss gently, cooking about 2 minutes until shrimp are heated through.
- 3Add lemon juice,green onion, sprig of thyme and remaining butter and olive oil.
- 4Place warm pasta in serving bowl, sprinkle with salt, pepper & 1/4 c parmesan cheese. Remove sprig of thyme; add shrimp and vegetable mixture. Toss lightly, sprinkle with remaining parmesan and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Springtime Shrimp With Lemon, Thyme & Bow -Tie Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 295.1 mg
- Sodium 556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: