1/7 Photos of Springtime Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
From the Gainesville Sun, sometime in the last 10 years. The active prep time is assuming you have the prepared filling ingredients ready and you are using a prepared crust. Add up to half an hour if these assumptions are not the case.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1For crust, EITHER combine flour and salt in bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in chives and water (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2Shape dough into a ball; place on lightly floured surface and roll into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Fold into quarters and transfer to a 10-inch quiche pan. Unfold and ease crust into pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Crimp or flute crust.
- 4OR substitute a prepared pie crust, sprinkle chives over bottom of crust and press lightly into the dough.
- 5Spread cheese over bottom of crust; top with chicken and scatter bacon over chicken. Place asparagus spears in a spoke pattern on top of the bacon.
- 6Combine half and half (or milk), eggs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- 7Pour egg mixture over filling in the crust.
- 8Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven 40-45 minutes or until golden and set in the center.
- 9Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Springtime Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 262.9 mg
- Sodium 779.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.5 g