- 1 cup pineapple, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies (red hots)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- to taste pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple and red hots, cook over low heat until candies melt.
- Combine sugars, salt, tapioca and apples. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine pineapple and apple mixture, turn into pastry-lined 9" pie pan.
- Adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, or until filling is tender and crust golden.
- Partially cool on rack before serving.