- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of peas in a small bowl to use later as a garnish.
- Combine the rest of the peas, broth and sour cream in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain blended mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl or storage container. You may need to press mixture gently with the back of a spoon to ensure most of the liquid goes through. Discard solids.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve top each bowl with a portion of the reserved peas.