Recipe by ElaineAnn
Lightened up for the warmer weather.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Made it for lunch this afternoon (first weekend into spring here) and true to its name.. it is a perfect springtime soup and we loved it! My DH who is not a soup person had a ladle full and.. finished it(so that's a good sign!!) Thank you for sharing your recipe.. definitely a keeper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small leek, chopped (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon powdered ginger (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a soup pot on medium heat.
- Add the leek, curry powder, ginger (if using), salt, and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the peas, carrot, celery, and just enough water to cover them (about 2 cups), and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a blender or a large bowl, blend or mash 2 cups of the soup with the milk until thick and silky smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the soup pot, and stir to heat through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.