Recipe by smiles4u
I saved this one from an advertisement in cooking Light Magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great.
Top Review by Chris Reynolds
This is a great vegetarian lasagna recipe. I thought I would miss the beef, but not at all. The only thing I changed was that I cooked the noodles before putting the dish together as I didn't have no-bake lasagna noodles and was not sure how lo-carb noodles would be uncooked. Because I cooked the noodles, I didn't add the water called for in the recipe. Update: I made this recipe for my daughter and her kids over the holidays. They are PICKY about veggies. They chowed down although the youngest did ask what that "green stuff" was! lol!
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 11 no-boil lasagna noodles
- cooking spray
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesfresh Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (32 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients, spread 1 1/2 cup sauce mixture over the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce in baking dish.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, coat pan with cooking spray. Add spinach to pan, saute 4 minutes or until wilted. Transfer spinach to a large bowl.
- Return pan to heat, coat with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and 1/4 tsp salt to pan, saute 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add mushroom mixture, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, oregano, and next 4 ingredients (through egg) to spinach, stirring well.
- Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over noodles, top with 4 noodles. Repeat procedure with remaining ricotta mixture and last 4 noodles, ending with noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over noodles.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 40 minutes. Combine Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle evenly over lasagna, bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.