Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Perfect springtime fare when your taste buds need reviving after a long winter's nap.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean lamb, cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups diced frozen hash browns with onions and peppers (Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the olive oil get heated in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in lamb cubes; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until well browned.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir in garlic.
- Add in frozen potatoes; stir and cook 1 minute until the potatoes are heated.
- Stir in the flour; make sure it is well distributed.
- Add in beef broth, wine, carrots, and peas; bring to a boil, stirring constantly to scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Lower heat to med-low, cover, and simmer 25-30 minutes or until lamb and carrots are tender.
- Ladle stew into shallow bowls; sprinkle some chopped mint on top of each serving.