Recipe by carolinajen4
I'm posting this now since I keep forgetting to try it when I have leftover ham and 'zaar is where I keep all of my recipes now. It looks delicious and would be perfect after Easter. Recipe comes from Hormel. Serve with fresh fruit or a salad. Could be an appetizer if you used smaller bread slices and cut the asparagus.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices crusty bread, 1 inch thick
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder. Spread onto one side of each bread slice. Place bread on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In bowl, mix ham, cheese, mayo and wine. Layer each bread slice with asparagus, then top with ham mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.