Recipe by 2blue
I've made this egg salad for years and it's a perfect match for spring because asparagus is in season and much cheaper to buy and eggs are on sale for easter. It's really easy to make, the flavors blend together wonderfully and it gives an old standby a really updated gourmet taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups of hellman's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (dried or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- alfalfa or radish sprouts
- 8 croissants
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix the mayo, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Microwave the asparagus for about 3 minutes in a covered container.
- Don't overcook it! It should still be bright green and retain some crunch.
- Soggy and dark green won't work. Cut the asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Gently mix into your sauce bowl the chopped eggs, asparagus, celery and onions.
- Refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve on split croissants with sprouts and sliced tomato.
- This is not a pick-up sandwich, so make sure you provide a knife and fork.