Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card. Chicken is served with zucchini, tomatoes and other vegetables in a creamy sauce. Original recipe calls for 3 pounds of cut up chicken pieces (with an increased cooking time).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green onions and celery.
- Simmer, covered for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook zucchini in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
- Blend soup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer chicken, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add zucchini to skillet and mix gently.
- Heat to serving temperature, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Very very bland and the sauce has an unappealing gelatinous texture from the soup. Sorry.