1/1 Photo of Springtime Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
Jen T's Note:
A nice easy to make fresh crunchy stir fry to have in the spring or when fresh asparagus is available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 80 g raw cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (single, or equivalent in tenderloins, thinly sliced or cut into bite sized pieces)
- 125 g baby corn (halved lengthwise, I use canned)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (woody ends removed and then stalks cut into thirds)
- 1 red pepper (seeds removed and cut into thin strips)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves (I sometimes use 1tsp minced from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or use from a jar)
- 150 g snow peas (halved) (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweet plum sauce (I use Delmaine in NZ)
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I use Watties in NZ)
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves (or use parsley)
- steamed rice, to serve
- 1Heat a pan or wok over medium heat and stir fry the cashews until golden.
- 2Remove to a plate.
- 3Heat half the oil in pan or wok over high heat and add half the chicken pieces and stir fry until golden brown & cooked. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken in the same pan.
- 4Heat the remaining oil over med high heat and add the corn, asparagus, red pepper, snow peas, garlic & ginger.
- 5Stir fry for a few minutes until tender.
- 6Return chicken to the pan and add in the plum & chilli sauces.
- 7Stir fry for another few minutes until heated through.
- 8Serve on top of steamed rice and top with the chopped coriander or parsley.
- 9Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Springtime Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce