Recipe by SweetsLady
This is a Taste of Home recipe with lots of delicious taste. I made this for my mom and I for lunch and we were slurping up the dressing. :) I put the recipe as written, but my changes are in parentheses.)
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was excellent. A new summertime favorite for use. Loved the dressing. I did leave the almonds off to cut some of the calories, but did add the blue cheese. Thanks so much. Made for SSC Pet Parade
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (I used green onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese (I really think this enhances the flavor) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, bring water to oil. Add aspargus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. (I steamed my asparagus in the microwave.) Drain.
- Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
- In a blender, combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds and blue cheese if desired. Serve warm.