1/6 Photos of Springtime Asparagus Medley
This is a Taste of Home recipe with lots of delicious taste. I made this for my mom and I for lunch and we were slurping up the dressing. :) I put the recipe as written, but my changes are in parentheses.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (I used green onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (I really think this enhances the flavor) (optional)
- 1In large saucepan, bring water to oil. Add aspargus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. (I steamed my asparagus in the microwave.) Drain.
- 2Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
- 3In a blender, combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 4Pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat.
- 5Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds and blue cheese if desired. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Springtime Asparagus Medley
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g