Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love asparagus any way they are prepared.
Make and share this Springtime Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing (kraft)
- 1 lb asparagus spear, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Mix mushrooms, dressing and lemon juice in a nonstick skillet, cook on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Top with asparagus; cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes or until asparagus are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
I enjoyed this recipe. I used my homemade italian dressing & fresh lemon juice & it turned out very yummy. We don't like nuts so didn't add the almonds. Next time I'll increase the mushrooms. Very tasty & a nice change from a balsamic vinegar sauce. Thanks for sharing.
The recipe came out ok, a little too bland for our taste. In any event at least I have a new way to serve asparagus. Thank you
This recipe was a hit with my dinner guests, all said super tasty. I made it a "do ahead" recipe by getting everything ready, the mushrooms cooked etc. Then instead of adding the asparagus to the skillet I arranged them on an oven proof pan topped them with the mushrooms, covered them with foil and popped them in a 375 degree oven 10 minutes before serving them. They were perfect, lovely and crisp. I didn't have sliced almonds but used chopped almonds . Thanks for akeeper of a recipe Mary in LA