1 hr 8 mins
Cribbed from a recipe book and adapted to our tastes, we love this chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 12 ounces beer (you will be able to semi-taste it, so pick one you like)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Cook bacon in large Dutch oven over medium heat until browned.
- 2Stir in onion, cover and cook until onion tender.
- 3Uncover, stir in garlic, cook for another minute.
- 4Increase heat to med-high, and add ground beef and brown.
- 5Add beer; cook until liquid reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 6Stir in chili powder and all the ingredients through the tomato sauce; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 7Stir in beans and cook another 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Serve with cheese on top and oyster crackers if you would like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Springfield Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 728.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese