Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cribbed from a recipe book and adapted to our tastes, we love this chili.
Make and share this Springfield Chilli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 12 ounces beer (you will be able to semi-taste it, so pick one you like)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in large Dutch oven over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in onion, cover and cook until onion tender.
- Uncover, stir in garlic, cook for another minute.
- Increase heat to med-high, and add ground beef and brown.
- Add beer; cook until liquid reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Stir in chili powder and all the ingredients through the tomato sauce; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in beans and cook another 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with cheese on top and oyster crackers if you would like.