From the cookbook The Chew and offered up by Michael Symon. Michael says when he made this on the show(The Chew), they had to physically restrain Carla Hall from rushing the serving bowl and devouring the whole thing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Place a saucepan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Toss in breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat and in a mixing bowl, stir in the chives, zest and cheese. Season with salt and set aside.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
- 4Cook the pasta 1-2 minutes less than the package instructions suggest.
- 5Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and the asparagus and season with salt to taste.
- 6Add in the fava(or lima) beans and peas. Add a ladle of pasta water to the pot along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat, and season again with salt, add some freshly grated Parmesan, the butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 7To[ with the chive bread crumbs and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Veggie Pasta With Chive Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 316.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g