Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the cookbook The Chew and offered up by Michael Symon. Michael says when he made this on the show(The Chew), they had to physically restrain Carla Hall from rushing the serving bowl and devouring the whole thing.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fava beans, shelled and blanched (or sub lima beans, fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb English pea, blanched
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place a saucepan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Toss in breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and in a mixing bowl, stir in the chives, zest and cheese. Season with salt and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Cook the pasta 1-2 minutes less than the package instructions suggest.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and the asparagus and season with salt to taste.
- Add in the fava(or lima) beans and peas. Add a ladle of pasta water to the pot along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat, and season again with salt, add some freshly grated Parmesan, the butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
- To[ with the chive bread crumbs and serve.