Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
1 1/2 cups per serving, for a 3 point serving. Serve with a tossed salad (points not included). Also good for OAMC - freeze before baking. It looks impressive, too. I like it for luncheons with the gals or for dinner.
- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus tips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes evenly on bottom of dish, sprinkle with cheese and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté carrots, mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomato and asparagus and cook 2 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper; spoon vegetable mixture over cheese.
- Combine egg substitute and milk in a small bowl; pour over vegetable mixture. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.