Recipe by Tracey_B
Great soup anytime, very low in fat
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very satisfying soup without being heavy on fat. I added extra mushrooms, but that's all I changed. This is quick and inexpensive to make and uses things I usually always have around. Fresh peas would be nice in this too if you have them. Thanx!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, brown, large, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium leek, medium, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, medium, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 50 g spaghettini
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, fresh and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Add leek, carrot and celery; cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in stock; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Add pasta; simmer, uncovered until just tender. Stir in parsley.