Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great soup it goes well with a baguette and white wine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups mushroom stock
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 8 ounces summer squash, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté about 8 minutes, until golden. Add garlic; sauté about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add stock, asparagus and squash and reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 minutes stirring often or until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and beans; cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until heated through.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice and parmesan; season with salt and freshly ground pepper.