Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic Italian ingredients are combined in this tasty and quick to make recipe. Feel free to vary the vegetables according to your taste or seasonal availability. Quark works really well as a change from the ricotta cheese.
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 175 g quick-cooking polenta
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 100 g baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 100 g asparagus spears
- 100 g peas (fresh or frozen)
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to a rolling boil; pour in the polenta in a steady stream, whisking continuously, until thickened; stir in the ricotta and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, steam cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the polenta from the heat and beat in the pesto sauce and seasoning (to taste).
- To serve, spoon the polenta onto warmed plates, arrange vegetables over the polenta and garnish with parmesan and parsley.