Recipe by rockinred
This is from InStyle's April 2005 issue. I haven't tried this yet, but I love risotto and this sounds so delicious! Neither preparation or cooking time was given in the recipe so I have guesstimated using my past experience with risotto.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus; sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Saute until asparagus begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring broth to simmer in medium saucepan over low heat. Cover; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 3 tbsp olive oil in large heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and garlic.
- Saute until leeks begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, stir until rice is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1/2 cup broth; stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding next 1/2 cup, until there is only 1 cup broth remaining.
- Add cheese, peas and remaining broth.
- Simmer until vegetables are just tender and risotto is creamy.
- Season with salt & pepper.